Cars with tinted windows look cool and maybe more than a little bit mysterious. Picture a stretch limo with black windows that makes you wonder who might be inside. Are they famous? What about that flashy bright red sports car with the windows tinted? You might even imagine yourself in one.
These days more people than the rich and famous or people going through a midlife crisis drive vehicles with tinted windows. You might know someone who owns a car or truck with one or more tinted windows, especially if you live anywhere where it tends to heat up in the summer. Many cars come with at least a slight amount of tint baked right into the glass. But did you know that having your windows tinted is for more than just looking great?
We’ve come up with these 5 reasons for why window tint is so important for the summer and beyond.
1. Your Safety: Did you know that window tint can help keep the glass on your car from shattering in an accident? Window tint is specially designed to keep glass from shattering if something hits it. That means you and your family are protected from flying glass or from flying out of the car yourself.
2. Your Security: Having the windows on your car tinted gives you added privacy and security which can make you and your valuables a lot safer. Thieves can’t see into your automobile easily so they’re less likely to break in.
3. Your Health: According to the Skin Cancer Foundation, over 50% of skin cancers happen on the left side of your body, in other words, the driver’s side. Your windshield in front has UV protection built in, but your side windows don’t. Window tinting on all the windows of your car can help block up to 99% of UV rays from the sun which will go far in protecting you against potential skin cancer in the future.
4. Your Comfort: When it’s hot outside, the interior of your car heats up even more. In fact, when the temperature outside reaches even just 80 degrees, the temperature inside your car can be as high as 172 degrees! The good news is that just by having your vehicle’s windows tinted, you can block the heat from the sun by as much as 65%. Plus window tint will help you save money on fuel by reducing the level of air conditioning you need to use to cool down your automobile.
5. Your Seats: Besides keeping the seats and steering wheel cool, window tint on your vehicle’s windows can help protect your car’s upholstery against fading. It can protect leather interiors from discoloration and cracking due to the sun’s heat too. That protection can actually help increase the resale or trade-in value of your car over a car with no window tint.
So this summer, remember, window tinting does a lot more than make you and your vehicle look cool. It actually keeps you cooler and protects you, your family, and your car’s interior from the harsh effects of intense sun exposure.
We want to hear from you. Leave us a comment with your thoughts on window tinting below. If you have any questions or are interested in learning more about window tinting for your vehicle, contact us today.
Categorised in: Window Tinting in Hurricane, WV
This post was written by Writer