Window Tinting in Hurricane, WV Can Help to Mitigate the Dangers of UV RaysAugust 21, 2017 11:21 pm Leave your thoughts
With the summer months in full swing, there is no shortage of fun-filled outings to partake in out in the great outdoors. Biking, hiking, backpacking, jogging, sports, swimming, tennis and basking by the pool or at the beach are just a few activities that you might be enjoying while the weather permits. While these activities are a fantastic way to spend your free time, they also involve a lot of exposure to sunshine. We all know how important it is to get our daily dose of vitamin D, but we also have to keep in mind the drawbacks of prolonged sun exposure and understand what can be done to reduce the odds of harmful side effects. Window tinting in Hurricane, WV is just one way to guard against prolonged UV sunlight exposure.
Ultraviolet (UV) rays are practically unavoidable when you are spending time out in the sun, and they can have some pretty serious health implications depending on the duration and intensity that you are exposed to:
- Sunburn: Most people have experienced the red, burning, irritated feeling of a sunburn after a long day out in the sun. Sunburns are caused by dilation of superficial blood vessels in the skin as a result of UV radiation. Depending on the intensity of the exposure, you might experience pain, blistering and even peeling of the skin.
- Aging: Nobody can stop the aging process altogether, but exposure to ultraviolet rays can actually speed up the natural aging process. Consistent exposure to UV rays can cause premature aging overtime and can manifest itself with symptoms that include dryness, wrinkles, sagging, mottled pigmentation and a loss of elasticity.
- Immuno-suppression: UV radiation can be suppressive of the immune system. It is considered to be a contributor to the development of non-melanoma skin cancers.
- Eye damage: More than 99 percent of UV radiation is absorbed by the front of the eyes, which can cause some major issues with your vision. In some cases, melanoma can even develop within the eye as a result of UV exposure.
- Skin cancer: Skin cancers are the most commonly occurring cancers in the world. There are many different types of skin cancers, and while some types prove to be relatively harmless, others can be deadly.
Driving your car when it’s sunny outside can leave you exposed to UV rays for a prolonged period of time, which can lead to some pretty serious health issues and concerns. Avoid the risks that come along with UV exposure while you’re driving by investing in window tinting in Hurricane, WV. You can select a special tint that mitigates the effects of UV rays and keeps you protected no matter how long the sunshine sticks around. For help with window tinting for your vehicle, or for your residential or commercial building, contact Sun Control Inc. We understand how harmful UV rays can be, which is why we offer window tinting in Hurricane, WV that can keep you protected from UV harm while you’re driving. Contact us today to find out about all of our services—we would be happy to work with you to address your UV-related concerns!
Categorised in: Window Tinting in Hurricane, WV
This post was written by Writer