Window film can add a unique and interesting element to your home that you wouldn’t find in a lot of other homes. Not only will it protect your belongings and furnishings from ultraviolet rays and sun damage while also helping to lower your energy bills over the course of time, but it will also help to increase the aesthetic appeal of your home.
First and foremost—what exactly is window film?
Window film is a type of product that comes in rolls that give you a thin coating you apply to the interior surface of your window. Decorative window film in West Virginia has all the standard benefits of normal window film (energy efficiency, added durability, protection against ultraviolet light) while also offering you some extra aesthetic benefits. Plus, it’s extremely easy to install!
Here are a few of the most common reasons why people decide to install decorative window films in their home:
- Add a touch of color: Nobody says window glass always has to be a dull clear color. You can add some style and flair to your home by using colored window films. Decorative colored films are still tinted and protect against ultraviolet rays while adding some more vibrant color, which adds some style to the exterior of your home while also offering appealing new ways for the light to play on the inside of your home. The color of the film can also complement your vinyl siding, soffit and fascia.
- Add some privacy: Standard window films are usually clear, and don’t offer a whole lot extra in terms of privacy. But let’s say, for example, you have a bathroom window that is not at all obscured. You can get window film with a clouded or decorative pattern to block views into the bathroom from the outside, while still providing a sort of elegant, aesthetically pleasing look to the room on the interior.
- Mimic etched glass: Etched glass is absolutely gorgeous, but let’s face it—it’s definitely not cheap, and if it breaks, it’s not easily replaceable. You can get window films that mimic the look of etched glass instead, and your guests and neighbors won’t be able to tell the difference unless they get up close to investigate it for themselves.
- It can be used elsewhere: Decorative films can also be used on glass cabinet doors or other doors in your home. Perhaps you want to add an extra fancy touch to those doors, and wish to go with an etched or stained glass look. Or maybe you simply don’t want people to easily see inside your cabinets, so you go with a frosted glass appearance. Regardless, decorative window film in West Virginia works wonderfully in applications beyond exterior windows.
- Get creative: On a general level, decorative window film allows you to get more creative with your interior decoration, opening up possibilities you did not have before with themes for individual rooms.
For more information about the benefits of decorative window films, we encourage you to contact us today.
Categorised in: Window Film
This post was written by Writer